Today I've seen this nice film.
 


Hollywoodian visuals and changes aside, it was pretty good. I really liked the fact that the story wasn't about the characters created by Verne, but people who had read the Verne's book.
The acting was terrible, but I wasn't expecting that from this film. I was expecting stunning visuals and a dreamy-yet-dangerous atmosphere.
Some scenes were too over the top though. Like the fight with the carnivorous plants, or one of the first scene inside the cave, the one where the trio falls down for a lot of seconds. But hey! It's just fiction, these things doesn't matter.

I'll always like Journey to the Centre of the Earth, no matter how bad the adaptation will be. It's one of those stories that can make my eyes shine, that can let my imagination run wild. The other story that I know can do this is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl, ever since it was read for the first time by my Italian teacher back when I was 7, 8 or 9. I can't remember that well. =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment